Connecting in public space!
Card-yard is an annual fixture at the BIG on Bloor street festival in Bloordale. Since 2013, Senayah Design and PULP created activity hubs in the festival area and invited artists and social groups to join the fun. Interactive activities – from crowdsourced art to Zumba classes – animate colourful cardboard tube pavilions in a pop-up public realm smack in the middle of the festival!
For more information join us in the Facebook group for the festival!
Here’s a look at some of the activities you’ll find under our cardboard pavilions:
- Party Pucks: Table hockey is Canada’s game – come try it out on some classic tables
- Baldini, Man of Magical Mystery: This magician’s tricks will leave you astounded!
- Maggie Godoy: Facepainting for kids and adults
- Kenway Yu: Let your imagination run wild as you create fun paper costumes
- Board Again Games: Play all you want with a complete range of classic and modern board games
- PULP Obstacle: pop up cardboard tubes obstacle course
- Emerging Writers: Poetry and prose readings from new and returning authors
- Matt Maaskant: Electronic soundscape music to chill us out
- Kimberley Howe: puppet station and puppet kissing booth
Thanks to everyone that came out for Card-yard 2015! Special thanks to all the amazing volunteers that helped make BIG on Bloor such a success!