|We are pleased to announce that we have started preparations for PULP : paper art party 2019 and are now calling for artists to submit designs for the party on January 12th at The Delisle Space at Yonge and St. Clair!
Keep an eye out on your inboxes for more information about installations and tickets coming soon. You can sign up for our e-mail list on our home page.
We are looking for exciting video installations, art installations, performance art, furniture, and outfits made of reclaimed materials. Go nuts, we like crazy (so long as you can pull it off and it’s safe). Don’t hesitate to email us questions.
For the first
Funds raised at the event will be donated to Evergreen Centre for Street Involved Youth at Yonge Street Mission.
• Submissions should include necessary conceptual drawings and/or models conveying the intention and plausibility of the designs. Images should be in jpeg, upload any videos to youtube or vimeo to share.
• Include a word document with the names of all team members and a short description about the installation to be included in our online programme. Please do not send as a pdf.
• Installations should serve a programmatic purpose during the event – conversation, creation, drinking, or play. We are looking for installations to pair with specific programs within the event – the entrance, the College Street storefront, the stage and dance floor, a larger spatial installation, the bar, the washrooms, wall-mounted pieces, and a photobooth. See plans below.
• Submissions will be selected based on their ability to create environment related discussion, function, grandeur, or its potential for further development as a waste reduction technique.
• Designs must be constructed quickly or created in studio and assembled on site, as we will only have one day for set-up. Installations should also be quick and easy to take down the next day.
• Our venue will not allow us to use any staples, nails, or pushpins in the walls, columns and ceilings to avoid damage. They do have several connection points for hanging pieces. If your design is not free-standing, please provide methods of attaching your design to the space in a way that will also be easy to detach and clean. Please
indicate this method in your submission.
• Keep in mind that glues, resins, and glitter may damage a material’s ability to be recycled. All materials must be reclaimed. Recycled materials must remain so after the installation is taken down.
SUBMIT DESIGNS BY DECEMBER 28TH VIA E-MAIL TO SUBMISSIONS@PULPARTPARTY.CA
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH YOU! Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In partnership with